Saturday, August 25, 2012

Test the Waters: Living Life with No Limits!


Often times, a bright idea pops in our heads and we look around      like some magical character is going  to jump out and show himself  as the culprit of that idea.  It's Amazing that we forget the idea
was not presented by accident, there's a reason why we thought it in the first place.  It is God channeling us to think big and venture out to do more in life.  But how many of us take our thoughts seriously and pursue the ideas that have been instilled in us?  Do we doubt our abilities of achieving great things in life? Or do we fear the price of rejection and never try at all?  

Well, let me be the first to say that if this was a multiple choice test, I would choose option 'D' - all of the above.  Most of my life was spent living in fear, with self-doubt, and afraid of being rejected.  Instead of taking a chance or risks, I'd play it safe and protect my feelings from getting hurt.  Perhaps the hurt I've endured in my life kept me from trying - so I didn't.  For many years I've allowed great opportunities pass me by, simply because I chose to live cautiously instead of just giving life a chance. How does one break the barriers that stem from the negative occurrences?
It isn't easy but admittedly, it definitely is achievable.  Until one day, I had an inkling to do something spontaneous.  So, I decided to test the waters in certain areas in my life and see what results I’d receive.  The results were indeed amazing but not surprising.    

The first attempt at faith was to post my resume to several online job sites but chose Florida as the location.   I wanted to test the waters and see what happens.  This was the beginning of a wonderful journey to do things in 'faith' and watch faith work in my life.  Although, I started with one job site, I was confident that I would receive a response about an opportunity.  And did I ever!   

The day after posting my resume online, I received an email from a company who was interested in
interviewing me for a position in my field of Technology.  The job included relocation expenses, a great salary, benefits and more.  Although, I really wasn't looking for another job, I wanted to take a 'leap of faith' as everyone says and see how it will work in my life.  There were many more opportunities that followed since I debuted my resume online.  In addition, since that experience, I've been taking a chance in other areas in my life.  Many doors have opened for me and great opportunities have presented itself in my life thus far.  I now realize that I was limiting myself from the possibilities that life has to offer.   

I wanted to share my testimony because I know many of you have the same mindset.  Not realizing your full potential, living a mediocre life, allowing fear and doubt to decide for you.  Sometimes we analyze things too much.  We are the cause of confusion in our lives.  Instead of giving it a Go - we give it a No!  Nothing in life is perfect, but we will not know what doors will open in our lives if we do not try. 
 
If you're still in doubt and need encouragement to get you started in living a life with no limits, here are a few principles that helped me along the way: 

Believe - we can't do anything in life unless we believe.  Believe in yourself, in God and in what
you want.  "All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23 NLT

Pray - The bible says, 'you have not because you ask not'.  Well, there you have it, start praying
and ask God to open doors in your life.  And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you” Luke 11:9 (NLT)  

Take Action - Take action and do something.  We can't expect to accomplish things in life if we are not willing to do the work.  God will do his part if you do your part.  Start by writing goals and follow through with them.  We are responsible for the actions we take in our lives.  Be a doer!  

Have Faith - Do everything in faith.  It's amazing what can happen when you do things in faith.  The possibilities are endless.   
"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be Strong."
I Corinthians 16:13 NLT

 Start today to live life with no limits!  And test the waters for yourself.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment