Monday, July 11, 2011

Wake up – It’s Time for Breakfast!

Every morning when I awake I sit on the edge of my bed and thank the Lord for allowing me to see another day. I then prepare myself to take a shower. My shower consists of my gratitude checklist. I close my eyes and allow my gratitude checklist to pour over my face to awaken my mind and spirit - just as a shower in the morning would normally awaken me.

Each day my gratitude list is different. Some days my gratitude list includes my health, senses, my job, my car that provides me with daily transportation, my family, wonderful friends, colleagues, and the list goes on and on from there. We all have so much to be grateful for so it’s not very difficult to compose a gratitude list even a mental one. It’s a wonderful way to start your day and you will see your day flourish from there.

Once I’m in my car driving, I start to pray. Some days my prayers are focused on my morning travel and sometimes my prayers may last the entire drive. It all depends on what my spirit calls me to do. What’s important is that I’m still giving thanks and showing my gratitude through prayer. When I arrive at work, I immediately log into my computer to get my day started. I then pull out my book of Our Daily Bread and read the scripture of the day.

These all consists of my very own ‘spiritual breakfast’. A great way to start my day! I am aware that with having my spiritual breakfast it will provide me with the nourishment I need to have a productive and blessed day. Some people drink coffee because the caffeine helps them wake up and give them the energy they need to get their day started. Well, the same goes with my ‘spiritual breakfast’. It gives me the boost I need to get me going daily. Without it my day can go in various directions - but I choose the direction of a positive path.

I encourage all of you to do the same. When you wake up in the morning, say to
yourself, “It’s time for breakfast!” And take it from there.

Make everyday count – have a blessed and productive day!

~Vicky Valdes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment